Is there an age limit?
- Yes, you must be at least 18 years old on race day to register due to insurance purposes. Runners will have their I.D. checked on race day at registration. Parents cannot register children under 18.
- Is Tuff Scramblers working with any local charities?
- Yes, we support the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation, the Rehoboth Food Pantry and the Rehoboth Parks Commission. Click here for more info.
- Am I able to bring my pet?
- Sorry but there are no pets allowed on-site.
- I am interested in volunteering. How do I sign up?
- Please go to the volunteer page for more information.
- Can I get a refund if I am injured, have a work commitment or am suddenly and unexpectedly unable to attend on race day?
- Sorry but there are no refunds for our events or transfers to another future event.
- What comes with registration?
- Registration includes one beer for runners 21+, one meal, and a Tuff Scramblers tech t-shirt.
- Can I sign someone else up?
- No, everyone must register themselves as they must sign the waiver during registration.
- Am I allowed to switch my start time or switch registration to another person?
- This must be completed on Active.com. If you do not receive confirmation e-mails from Active, then it did not go through. Click on the link on your Active confirmation e-mail you received after registering. If you cannot find the confirmation e-mail, just login to Active.com and follow the links. You may only make switches to an open heat. Once the heat is closed, you will not be able to transfer in. When registration closes, there will be no more transfers allowed.
- What if my team signed up together and I want to join but that heat time is now closed?
- You are only able to transfer into an open heat. We encourage teams to either register together or sign up for a later heat, as they do not fill up as fast as the earlier heats. If your team wants to run together, they could transfer the whole team to an open heat.
Race Day Questions:
- What is the race format?
- Regular heats run throughout the day - please check the event page for details. These heats are capped at 120 runners. This will be strictly enforced for runner safety and to prevent crowding at obstacles.
- What time should I arrive prior to my wave?
- Please make sure you arrive at least 1-1 1/2 hours before your start time to ensure you have time to park, take the bus, check-in and warm up for your race.
- Registration will open at 8:00 a.m. on race day.
- What should I bring on race day?
- YOU MUST BRING YOUR ID so we can confirm registration, military ID (if you signed up for the military discount), registration confirmation and an extra change of clothes and towel as you will get muddy and there are small showers, a rinsing station and limited changing stalls available. You can also bring extra cash, as we will have merchandise for sale. There is no ATM on site.
- Where do I pick up my bib #?
- Bib #pick-up will be at the registration tent when you first arrive on-site.
- Are family and friends welcome to watch?
- Please bring along your family and friends, as there will be great views of almost the entire course. This is one of the most spectator friendly races you will find.
- There is a $5.00 spectator fee that must be paid upon arrival at registration. Kids 14 and under are free.
- Spectators want to get in free? Bring two non-perishable food items that will be donated to the Rehoboth Food Pantry and the spectator fee will be waived.
- Do I have to pay for parking?
- Yes, parking is $5.00 per car. We encourage you to carpool. Parking is located at a site 1/2 mile down the road and buses will be shuttling runners back and forth. These locations can be found on the event page. There is no parking on-site unless otherwise specified.
- Will there be food or drinks available?
- Runners will receive a wristband for one free meal with registration and one beer for runners 21+.
- Will there be a photographer?
- We do not hire a photographer to take photos of every individual runner. You may see a photographer on course taking promotional shots. We encourage you to have family and friends take photos. Spectators are able to see the entire course except for the trails, so there is great opportunity for taking your own pictures.
- Will we be timed?
- We do not do chip timing. Due to the large number of missing times, lost bibs, multiple finish line crossings and the discrepancies when using chip timing, we do timing in-house. We will do our best to provide times for as many runners as we can. Accurate times are not guaranteed. If your finish time is important to you, we suggest that you wear a watch for the most accurate results. Results will take about a week to post.
- Will there be a water stop?
- Yes there are two water stops located along the course. There will also be water provided to runners for free at the finish line.
- What are the obstacles like?
- We do not have your typical obstacles here like wood walls and rope climbs. Instead, you will find obstacles such as hay bale hurdles, mud pits, scrambling over huge boulders, water holes, technical trails, logs, monkey bars, tunnels, and much more. Come prepared for anything!
- What is the course like?
- This is one “tuff” 5k adventure run spread out over 140 acres combining single-track trail on DCR’s Rehoboth State Forest and off-road terrain. These trails can be very technical at times. We feature over 20 natural and unique man-made obstacles.
- What if I can’t complete an obstacle?
- If you cannot complete an obstacle, you may go around however we do encourage everyone to try. You are not forced to complete anything you feel you are not ready for. Please come prepared as the trails are somewhat technical and some of the obstacles can be very difficult.
- When are Tuff Scramblers races held?
- There are two races held per year in Rehoboth, MA typically the third Saturday in May and October. The dates for 2015 are May 16th and October 17th.
- What is the idea behind Tuff Scramblers?
- We’ve detailed this out here.
- I have a question that was not answered here?
- Please e-mail your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.